EXPLORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH JOLI FARMS!
There are two main ways to volunteer.
During their time on the farm, volunteers are asked to assist in daily tasks such as weeding, planting, building projects, and general maintenance. Volunteers can expect to learn about healthy food choices and new and different ways to plant gardens, participating in discussions about aquaponics, permaculture, sustainability, and what it means to be truly organic and serve the local community.
Some dedicated volunteers choose to set their own schedule, working on a pre-agreed upon basis with the farm.
Others get involved through our regularly scheduled Farm Sessions, which happen once every 6 weeks. There is a $10 fee/person to hold your space, which can be redeemed in produce that you harvest yourself from the greenhouse and gardens the day of! Space is limited to 20 people per session, and is a wonderful activity for the whole family.
Contact Joe Schram for more information: (512) 296-0535
WHAT IS A FARM SESSION LIKE?
A normal Farm Session includes:
- Visitor orientation in the farmhouse with tea or coffee
- A greenhouse and farm tour, led by Joe Schram
- Working on Tasks (they vary according to season and need, speak to us about any concerns)
- Farmhouse lunch prepared in the farmhouse by Lisa Schram (please let us know any dietary concerns in advance)
- Harvesting take-home produce to redeem the $10 reservation fee